Charles Black Construction Company Inc. works for their clients, handling the entire project from beginning to end. From the initial bidding process to the final product, Charles Black Construction takes the time to understand their clients, their concerns, and the uniqueness of their projects. We feel that we are not finished until the client is completely satisfied.
When you choose a construction company, you also choose the people behind it. We never start a project until we understand your needs. Our analysis of your needs at the beginning of a project can save substantial time and money over the course of construction. Charles Black Construction Company are experts at performing as general contractors, and commercial buildings, design-builds and construction managers. We pride ourselves in building the best buildings, and we are adept in getting each and every aspect of projects uniqueness. We ensure that at the end an amazing structure will be standing.
Charles Black expertly manages every detail of your construction project with:
- Project Planning and Budgeting
- Critical Path Scheduling
- Value Engineering
- Remodeling and Renovation
- Detailed site qualification, zoning, and budget estimates
- Sound financial/lending relationships for a smooth, efficient process
- Minimal change orders resulting from a detailed pre-construction effort
- Rigorous subcontractor qualification and bidding
- Ongoing project milestone reviews
- Detailed “Punch-out” processing
- Turnover planning and implementation
Charles Black Construction has an extensive estimating and cost data base software in place. Project cost accounting programs are in place and updated continuously. We employ various critical path scheduling programs that are selected based on the complexity of the project.
We select only loyal, dedicated, and experienced subcontractors. The success of a project is largely dependent on the quality of the subcontractors selected. That’s why Charles Black Construction Company chooses subcontractors who believe, as we do, in providing the highest standards of service and craftsmanship.
We know that our clients don’t like costly surprises. By reviewing all aspects of a project prior to bidding, Charles Black Construction Company does everything possible to avoid unexpected expenses that are not in your budget. We offer uncompromising service to all of our clients. Regardless of the size of your project, you can be certain you will receive expert and attentive service every step of the way. From renovations to expansive new construction, Charles Black Construction Company oversees every detail of the entire construction process.
Your satisfaction means everything to us. We believe your project isn’t complete until the very last item has been checked off. We ensure that every job we do has a happy ending. We only have one chance to make a first impression, and our reputation ensures that our first impression is an excellent one, to say the very least.
Charles Black Construction has proactive safety policies and programs in place. A premium on safety is mandatory, delivering value and dependability.
Charles Black Construction employs skilled craftsmen who can perform concrete work, carpentry work, erect metal buildings, place metal standing seam roofs and also has a network of subcontractors that perform the above-mentioned work and all other trades required completing a project.
Charles Black Construction provides professional project management. Our project managers, superintendents, and supervisors are experienced and receive on-going training in management, construction techniques, and safety. We hold weekly safety meetings and we are committed to extensive supervision and craft worker Safety Training.
General Contracting and Commercial Building.
Charles Black Construction Company is first and foremost an experienced general contractor. We have the ability to complete general construction projects in all segments of the construction industry. We have the experience to ensure your finished project stands the test of time, and the building process is completed efficiently. We concentrate on the details of the project at hand, from start-up and site preparation to completion while keeping an eye on the big picture and our fit with each client, as being a contributing part of their business for the long term. Charles Black Construction has the experience, resources, people and equipment to insure your project is delivered safely, with quality work, on time and in budget.
Charles Black Construction provides practical construction experience, value engineering and up-to-date construction techniques. We work with a network of design professionals and will assemble a team to complete the project design and construction documents.
From Design-Bid-Build to Design-Build to Whatever You Need, our company will work from first idea to final execution to bring a dream into reality. Whether it is a top of the line facility to an addition/renovation, we are committed to providing the highest quality in both design and craftsmanship.
This Design-Build team approach works very well with fast track construction projects. Value engineering, scheduling, and project budgets are all being incorporated during the design phase of the project.
Some of the benefits the design-build approach offers the owner are:
- Charles Black Construction’s experience in developing a project from concept to completion.
- The design team will include design professionals from each discipline necessary to complete all work included in the project.
- The owner becomes a member of the Design-Build team. The extent of the owner’s participation in the design-build process will vary from project to project.
- Project budgets are established early in the project development stage. Cost control measures are in place during the design development phase of the project.
- Schedules may be accelerated because design, finance issues, estimating, subcontract selection, permit application and construction may overlap (fast track).
- The team approach to design and construction minimizes costly change orders after construction contracts have been signed and construction has begun.
- Design costs are reduced due to the team approach used in the design-build process.
At Charles Black Construction every building project is important to us. We approach all projects, large or small with the same sense of importance, and offer our clients a full range of preconstruction and construction services. We approach every project as a team combined of the Owners, the Architect and the Construction Managers with one goal in mind and that is to provide the Owners with Safe, Quality Work On Time and In Budget. Through our previous Construction Management experience with Owners, Architects, and Trade Contractors, we have come to realize that “people” are the most valuable resource to manage on our projects. We get to know these people on a personal level and understand their objective and goals and simply follow the “Golden Rule”. Charles Black Construction offers professional Construction Management and Value-Engineering services.
We participate as a team member together with the owner and design professionals to develop a construction budget during the critical planning and design development phase of the project. This team approach provides the owner with information required to make project decisions. Up front construction costs can be weighed against long term operating costs. Design options can be considered with accurate pricing information available.
From start to finish, Charles Black Construction develops and maintains a project schedule, which is incorporated in all aspects of the project such as:
- Owner’s critical needs.
- Design time requirements.
- Procurement lead times.
- Construction sequencing.
- Review and approval of monthly draw requests.
- Project safety policies, observation and enforcement.
- Solicit and pre-qualify contractors, vendors and suppliers.
- Administration of contracts, design changes, construction change orders.
- Coordination and documentation of soil testing, surveying, environmental assessment surveys, building permit application, etc.
- Project general conditions as determined necessary including, site office trailer, office equipment, temporary facilities, etc.
- Professional project management team including project manager, project superintendent and other management professionals as required per project.
- Project close-out services including punch list coordination, lien waivers, payroll deduction verifications, warranty documentation, as-built drawing coordination, retention payments, etc.
Our experience in self-performing construction work makes Charles Black Construction a better construction manager. We are not simply a contract administrator. We understand construction techniques, costs, sequencing, scheduling, labor issues, subcontractor coordination issues, etc.